Monday, July 30, 2007

possible tattoo?


"One will say, I am the Lord's; and another will call himself by the name of Jacob; and another will write [even brand or tattoo] upon his hand, I am the Lord's, and surname himself by the [honorable] name of Israel."
Isaiah 44:5, Amplified Bible




So, I'm actually considering getting a tattoo. Yes, even with my dislike of needles. My Mom told me about Isaiah 44:5, and I'm taken with it. In fact, she's been wanting to get "I am the Lord's" tattooed on her hand for years... so together we've found the Hebrew translation (reading right to left)... where "I am the Lord's" is actually written as "for Jehovah" - the Hebrew text is above the English. So... I would get it on the inside of my right wrist, and it would be noticeable but small. Any opinions?

For a long time I considered getting the word "grace" translated into Elvish runes...



...which I'm still smitten with, but I'm finding it doesn't compare to "I am the Lord's/for Jehovah."

Anyway, just throwing it out there. Oh - and if I actually get this done, I am going to need some very serious SUPPORT. (i.e. distractions-from-the-needle...)

2 Responses to “possible tattoo?”

Anonymous said...

you and your mom should get tattoos together if she's been wanting one for years. it would just be like one of your wednesday outings only a little more...permanent :)

If I was ever going to get a tatoo, I think I would get one on the inside of my wrist too. So, you have my support (and encouragement)!

 
Creative Commons License

Copyright © 2009 - All Rights Reserved - Powered by Blogger Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesigns - All original work is property of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License