Ok, so Christine Caine is absolutely incredible - and she has been a huge blessing in my life. Her ministry, Equip & Empower, is based in Australia (and is affiliated with Hillsong). She and her husband also started Project Europe, and I saw her speak at a Joyce Meyer conference. Her blog entry below really struck a chord with me, so I thought I'd share.
Faith and Patience
I have been meditating on the concept of FAITH and PATIENCE as I sit in an arena in Essen, Germany with Joyce Meyer and Delirious with people jumping up and down in worship and passionately engaged in the Word. I have been thinking to myself that I am so glad that I never gave up. I am starting to see things SIGNIFICANTLY shift in Europe even though it has taken much longer than I thought it would. That is the very reason why so many of us do not see the realisation of our dream - we simply don't stick around long enough to see it happen. The Word exhorts us to have both Faith and Patience - Hebrews 10:35-36 says, "So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised." (NLT) Most of us have faith but it is the lack of patience that lets us down.
I frequently have to remind my children that they need patience, particularly at the onset of a 30 hour trip to the other side of the world. Usually, even before the wheels are even up on the plane, Catherine begins asking me, "When are we going to get there Mummy?" and then asks, "Are we there yet Mummy?" every 5 minutes like a preset alarm... I think oftentimes we do that to God - He knows the end from the beginning but we get discouraged, distracted, disappointed, disillusioned, anxious, bored, weary or fatigued along the way and end up dropping out of the race of life. We need to ensure we keep our eyes fixed on the goal: Jesus, and operate in both Faith and Patience. Only then will the dream that God has placed in your heart come to pass.


3 Responses to “From Christine Caine's Blog...”
hmmm...doesn't it also explain in hebrew 11 that like half of the faith hall of fame people died before their prayers and goals were realized. not to put a damper in this blog :-) we do all need to be patient. especially when our impatience is hindering the glorification of god. but we also need to be in persistent prayer for the things we want (like i'm a 1 so when i read this my first reaction is to suppress all my desires and quit praying for things i want...not a good reaction...). i generally have to be real with god and ask for the stupid things i want and also ask for the patience to help me wait for them. and that is the end of my rant.
damn, gina! i had to scroll all the way to the bottom of your page to see that excellent shot of edoras!!! i'm glad i found it ;-)
i want to marry that picture on the bottom!!!!
or, i want to be IN IT.
Post a Comment