Thursday, February 8, 2007

So much to praise...

Here I sit at work, and when I think of the next two days my stomach does that flop thing that happened when I was a kid - you know, like when you couldn't wait until a sleepover with friends, or your birthday, or something that involved balloons and chocolate...

I mean, seriously. Tomorrow is Open Mic Night at ECC, and I am actually going to sing with the amazing Christina... and yes, we're singing a song that we wrote with the incredible Sarah - could this get any better? What a blessing and an honor that these women want to work with me - and perform with me... and all for the glory of our gracious God. Oh yeah, it gets better...there is a chance that my parents, my sister from Chicago and one of my best friends might actually be able to come.

Oh, but wait - there's more. Saturday - did you say Saturday? Yes, yes. I feel like Bob Barker. Come on down, Chelsea! What did I win? I won a Valentine's date with single women of God. Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln, this is fabulous. A dressed-up dinner (with reservations, mind you) followed by a dressed-down chocolate fest at my house while watching The Princess Bride. Yes, please. (There is some sadness here, though - that Miss Sarah will be missing out... but that just means that we'll have to plan another fancy dinner followed by unfancy movie watching - I have a feeling that will not be hard to organize...)

So, yes. Praise be to God for my salvation, my family, my friends, my pets - and for the amazingness that is the next two days!!!

2 Responses to “So much to praise...”

seg said...

*sniffle*

but totally rejoicing for you!!! and that we'll be doing the date-night again :)

i too have that nervous/excited feeling for you girls to perform your amazing awesomeness of a song tomorrow night!!! i can't wait for everyone to be blessed by it!

this is a lot of exclamation marks!!!

chelsea said...

i love the exclamation marks!! and btw, don't forget that it's your song too! :) i'll see you tonight! (and thanks for posting comments, they make me ridiculously happy...)

 
Creative Commons License

Copyright © 2009 - All Rights Reserved - Powered by Blogger Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesigns - All original work is property of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License