Sunday, February 4, 2007

Reflecting...

Right... - so it's high time I actually posted something on my blog. I thought it would be appropriate to start by looking at how things have changed for me over the past year. In all honesty, if you knew me before my past relationship, then you understand that the Chelsea of a year ago was not often a fun girl to be around - or at the very least, she was not the girl that you knew as your friend. If you've come to know me since my last relationship, then I'm grateful that I can share with you an understanding of the dark place that God has brought me out of.

February 4th, 2007...
One year ago I was unhappy.
Now the joy of the Lord is my strength.
One year ago I was in strife and turmoil with my family.
Now we are stronger than ever.
One year ago I had lost some of my true friends.
Now those friendships are restored.
One year ago I hated myself.
Now I am growing to accept myself because of Christ's love.
One year ago I was struggling with quitting smoking.
Now that addiction has been broken.
One year ago I wasn't singing with truth or purpose.
Now I'm singing and songwriting praises.
One year ago I felt like no one really understood.
Now I'm surrounded by allies.
One year ago I was deep in debt.
Now I am almost completely free of consumer debt.
One year ago I was worried about my weight.
Now I am accepting my realistic healthy weight.
One year ago I wasn't dancing at all.
Now I'm a member of a dance group.
One year ago I was afraid of my God.
Now I run to Him above and before all else.
One year ago I was condemning myself.
Now I am convicting myself.
One year ago I was completely insecure.
Now I know who I am in Christ - and what I deserve.
One year ago I needed a man to make me feel worthy.
Now I'm waiting for a man who knows what I'm worth.

Psalm 138

[A Psalm] of David.
1I WILL confess and praise You [O God] with my whole heart; before the gods will I sing praises to You.
2
I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your word above all Your name!
3In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self.
4
All the kings of the land shall give You credit and praise You, O Lord, for they have heard of the promises of Your mouth [which were fulfilled].
5Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord and joyfully celebrate His mighty acts, for great is the glory of the Lord.
6
For though the Lord is high, yet has He respect to the lowly [bringing them into fellowship with Him]; but the proud and haughty He knows and recognizes [only] at a distance.
7
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.
8
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever--forsake not the works of Your own hands.

One response to “Reflecting...”

seg said...

absolutey amazing, chelsea ... or, i should say "absolutely amazing, jesus" :)

love the links, quotes, picture, all of it!!

... and, glad i can now comment!

 
Creative Commons License

Copyright © 2009 - All Rights Reserved - Powered by Blogger Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesigns - All original work is property of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License