For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. You are precious in My sight and honored, and I love you. Fear not, for I am with you.
[Isaiah 43:3-5]
You, you shake your head -
What is so hard to believe?
When you are in your bed
I sing over you the sweetest things.
Because oh, My love does not tire
I'm awake when the moon is full.
And I know the times when you feel lost
And you just aren't sure.
Oh, lo and behold
My love hasn't grown cold
For you.
You could steal away in the middle of the night
And hide in the light of day
While you cloak yourself in the darkest lies...
But oh My love, it swims in the deepest oceans of fear
And as soon as you lower your head
I, I am, I am here.
Lo and behold
My love hasn't grown cold...
Lo and behold
My love hasn't grown cold...
If only you could see
How heaven stills when you speak.
I know all your days,
And I have wrapped you in mystery.
And oh, My love for you
Is as wide as the galaxies.
Just hold out your hand and close your eyes
And come, come be with Me.
Lo and behold
My love hasn't grown cold
For you.
[©Bethany Dillon, "My Love Hasn't Grown Cold," 2005]
I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in steadfast love, and in mercy.
[Hosea 2:19]
Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
[Psalm 91:14]
There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection]. We love Him, because He first loved us.
[1 John 4:18-19]
The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.
[Zephaniah 3:17]
God is love. Love never fails.
[1 John 4:8, 1 Corinthians 13:8]


No response to “His Love Hasn't Grown Cold”
Post a Comment