Sunday, March 2, 2008

We Shall Have Spring Again...


Spring flowers blooming outside my home... and to think I was skating on the ice field that was my back yard just last week! (I think these little lovelies are Scilla Siberica, but I'm not sure... I'll check with my mom.)




2 Responses to “We Shall Have Spring Again...”

Doug said...

Errr... are you sure it's not Mimbulus Mimbletonia?

Anonymous said...

Lovely! These little beauties remind us that the snow is not here for long. I've always known them as snowdrops, properly galanthus caucasica, if you're buying the bulbs. Scilla is sometimes white, but as you remember it's the sky blue and striped ones that always popped up around the driveway that I love the most. They'll come out a bit later to enjoy.
Kathy, across the street, had a whole bank full of snowdrops. Isn't God good to give us these little harbingers of spring? Thanks for sharing. :)

 
Creative Commons License

Copyright © 2009 - All Rights Reserved - Powered by Blogger Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesigns - All original work is property of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License