Sunday, April 12, 2009

Alive Forevermore

[Jesus Christ], although being essentially one with God and
in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which
make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing
to be eagerly grasped or retained,

But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity],
so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became
like men and was born a human being.

And after He had appeared in human form,
He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried
His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross!

Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him
and has freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name,

That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee should (must) bow, in
heaven and on earth and under the earth, And every tongue [frankly
and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
[Philippians 2:6-11]


Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth shall gaze upon Him and beat their breasts and mourn and lament over Him. Even so [must it be]. Amen (so be it). I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, says the Lord God, He Who is and Who was and Who is to come, the Almighty (the Ruler of all).
[Revelation 1:7-8]


I was in the Spirit [rapt in His power] on the Lord's Day,
and I heard behind me a great voice like the calling of a war trumpet,
Saying, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last.

Write promptly what you see (your vision) in a book and
send it to the seven churches which are in Asia--to Ephesus
and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis
and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.

Then I turned to see [whose was] the voice that was speaking to me,
and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands,

And in the midst of the lampstands [One] like a Son of Man, clothed
with a robe which reached to His feet and with a girdle of gold about
His breast. His head and His hair were white like white wool, [as
white] as snow, and His eyes [flashed] like a flame of fire.

His feet glowed like burnished (bright) bronze as it is refined
in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters.

In His right hand He held seven stars, and from His mouth
there came forth a sharp two-edged sword, and His face was
like the sun shining in full power at midday.

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as if dead.
But He laid His right hand on me and said, Do not be afraid!

I am the First and the Last,
And the Ever-living One [I am living in the eternity of the eternities].

I died, but see, I am alive forevermore; and I possess the
keys of death and Hades (the realm of the dead).
[Revelation 1:10-18]


After that I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse [appeared]! The One Who was riding it is called Faithful (Trustworthy, Loyal, Incorruptible, Steady) and True, and He passes judgment and wages war in righteousness (holiness, justice, and uprightness). His eyes [blaze] like a flame of fire, and on His head are many kingly crowns (diadems); and He has a title (name) inscribed which He alone knows or can understand. He is dressed in a robe dyed by dipping in blood, and the title by which He is called is The Word of God. And on His garment (robe) and on His thigh He has a name (title) inscribed, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
[Revelation 19:11-13,16]


Then I saw a new sky (heaven) and a new earth,
for the former sky and the former earth had passed away (vanished),
and there no longer existed any sea.

And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem,
descending out of heaven from God, all arrayed like
a bride beautified and adorned for her husband;

Then I heard a mighty voice from the throne and I perceived its
distinct words, saying, See! The abode of God is with men, and He
will live (encamp, tent) among them; and they shall be His people,
and God shall personally be with them and be their God.

God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall
be no more, neither shall there be anguish (sorrow and mourning)
nor grief nor pain any more, for the old conditions and
the former order of things have passed away.

And He Who is seated on the throne said, See! I make all things new.

Also He said, Record this, for these sayings are faithful
(accurate, incorruptible, and trustworthy) and true (genuine).

And He [further] said to me, It is done! I am the Alpha
and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty
I [Myself] will give water without price from the
fountain (springs) of the water of Life.
[Revelation 21:1-6]

No response to “Alive Forevermore”

 
Creative Commons License

Copyright © 2009 - All Rights Reserved - Powered by Blogger Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesigns - All original work is property of the author.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License