How I Feel:
- I feel inadequate financially.
What I Am:
- This year I will be consumer-debt free.
What I Know:
- God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to me in abundance, so that I may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation]. {2 Cor. 9:8}
How I Feel:
- I feel inadequate romantically.
What I Am:
- I am single because of choices I have made. I am self-sufficient in the Lord - I do not need others to make me happy.
What I Know:
- I shall be [so beautiful and prosperous as to be thought of as] a crown of glory and honor in the hand of my Lord, and a royal diadem [exceedingly beautiful] in the hand of my God. I delight myself in the Lord, and He will give me the desires and secret petitions of my heart. {Isaiah 62:3; Psalm 37:4}
What I Feel:
- I feel inadequate spiritually.
What I Am:
- I am not perfect, I cannot be perfect, and God is strongest in my weakness. My heart's honest desire is to please my Lord.
What I Know:
- He desires mercy [that is, readiness to help those in trouble] and not sacrifice and sacrificial victims. For my sake God made Christ to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in Him I might become the righteousness of God. Jesus came not to call and invite [to repentance] the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with God), but sinners (the erring ones and all those not free from sin). As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed my transgressions from me. Though my sins were like scarlet, they are now as white as snow. The Spirit Himself testifies with my own spirit, [assuring me] that I am a child of God. And if I am His child, then I am His heir also: an heir of God and fellow heir with Christ [sharing His inheritance with Him]; only I must share His suffering if I am to share His glory. {2 Corinthians 5:21; Matthew 9:13; Psalm 103:12; Isaiah 1:18; Romans 8:16-17}
- How I Feel:
Unsure of where I am going to go from here and what I am going to do.
- What I Am:
I am doing the best that I know how to do. I get up every day and try to make it better than the one before.
- What I Know:
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me. I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus my Lord. And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in me will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in me. {Psalm 138:8; Romans 8:38-39; Philippians 1:6}
- What I Will Do From Here:
I will stagger not at the promise of God through unbelief; but I will be strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what He has promised, He is able also to perform. I will lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily besets me, and I will run with patience the race that is set before me, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of my faith; Who, for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. I will press on to lay hold of, grasp, and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus has laid hold of me and made me His own. I do not consider that I have captured and made it my own yet; but one thing I do -- it is my one aspiration: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead. I will press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward. I will offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving and will call on the name of the Lord. {Romans 4:20-21; Hebrews 12:1-2; Philippians 3:12-14; Psalm 116:17}


2 Responses to “Milemarker No. 9281: 25 Years and 156 Days Into the Journey.”
that's right, destroyer, USE THE WORD TO SLAY THE LIES FROM THE PIT. SLAY THEM. SLAY THEM DEAD.
if the rats could read this blog they'd tremble. (did you just shudder?)
this is quite possibly the most encouraging thing i have ever read. i may have to save it and read it to myself daily. it's like reading the part where eowyn defies the witch king. yeah.
wina
yes. slay it - better yet...let CHRIST SLAY IT. i commented on sarah's blog about anxiety...well it was more like me quoting stuff. you might want to read the quotes.
umm...why was your comment on my xanga so hysterical? the clencher was the last point...that haphazard capitalization'll get ya...hehehehe
Post a Comment